Businesses in the Retail and Consumer Products market segment face many challenges when it comes to the current landscape that they operate in. Meeting long-term goals means dealing with the inherent challenges of the global economy and constant change in consumer demand when it comes to product offerings. From lower margins due to rising operating costs to increased competition and consumer knowledge as a result of the ever-expanding online virtual marketplace, there is a challenge on every corner. Businesses must be on top of change, realize the trends, and make the decisions necessary to keep pace in order to ensure success well into the future.
Whether you are a large or small retailer, Gerson Preston can help you manage the financial elements of your business. Our size, flexibility, and experience in the Retail & Consumer Products industry can be instrumental in helping you gain control over costs and operate more profitably. From start to finish, you can rely on key financial advice in major business decisions like the opening/closing of locations, mergers and acquisitions, buy-sell agreements, reorganizations and recapitalization programs. Whatever your specific needs, you can be assured that we will be a trusted business partner to help you achieve your goals.
In addition to our full suite of practice area offerings, we specifically assist Retail & Consumer Products clients with areas of need including:
- Assembling financial projections and forecasts to support management decisions and financing
- Examining current pricing structure to maximize gross profits
- Reviewing operating hours, staffing levels and daily work procedures to maximize productivity
- Determining optimum levels of inventory
- Examining warehouse-to-store and inter store shipping procedures for improved efficiency
- Introducing a series of programs to optimize float and monitor cash activity
- Planning ownership succession for family-owned businesses and partnerships
- Conducting site feasibility studies
- Designing and installing point-of-sale computer systems to integrate order entry, credit checking, price changing, inventory management, general ledger accounting and payroll
- Evaluating and recommending computer hardware/software for specific business functions
- Instituting security measures to prevent unauthorized access and manipulation of data
- Training in system use and maintenance